How to Write a Winning College Admissions Essay
This course offers a comprehensive overview of the college admissions
essay writing process. No prior knowledge about the college admissions
essay is required. However, this course assumes students have sufficient
time to dedicate to the essay writing process.
• identify what admission officers are looking for in college essays.
• identify a compelling essay topic that engages the reader.
• use storytelling principles to craft a personal narrative essay that
comes alive on the page - reflecting their unique voice, personality,
• make the case for why they are a good fit for the program to which
they are applying.
• craft an admissions essay that strategically supports their overall
• avoid common pitfalls relative to the admissions essay writing process.
Christina Granados is a Senior Associate at Repair For Justice, a nonprofit
organization that engages in research, education, and community-level
advocacy. Christina has also led various education initiatives, serving as
Education Policy Director at the Alliance for a Better Community and at Parent
Revolution. She has held a variety of leadership roles for Amnesty
International and Neighborhood Legal Services. Christina helped to develop the
Juvenile Justice Project, focused on addressing the school-to-prison pipeline.
Christina is a certified Life Coach.
Saturdays, August 18 - August 25 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Room: LI 171 $200 + $10 material fee to instructor