Click for a free schedule
Last ViewedLine spacer image
Shopping Cart  
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are Community Education Classes? 
They are short-term, not-for-credit classes open to adults over 18 years old.  Some classes are open to students under 18 with permission of the instructor and a release and medical consent form provided by the minor’s parent or legal guardian prior to the first class meeting.
Do we get credit or grades for these classes?
No, Community Education classes are not-for-credit; there are no official grades given.
Where are classes held?
Classes are held on the main campus in Gilroy, in the Briggs Building in Hollister and at the Morgan Hill Community Center in Morgan Hill.  For maps of the locations, go to
Occasionally, some classes are held in the community.  Those locations and directions will be noted on your confirmation after you have registered.
What is Community Education’s office hours?
Monday thru Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm and 2:00pm-4:00pm although summer hours vary so be sure to consult are current class schedule of classes for most up-to-date information.
How do I register for Community Education Classes?
You can register a variety of ways in Community Education, including online here at this website at, by mail: Gavilan College Community Education, 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd., Gilroy, CA  95020, by phone at 408-852-2801, by fax at 408-852-2805 or in person at the Community Education office located in Portable Building 4 (PB4).

What forms of payment does Community Education office accept?
Checks made payable to Gavilan College, cash (exact amount), by credit card- MasterCard and Visa only. Do not include materials fee.
How I register online at
To register online for the first time, click on Sign in, then click on Create a Student Profile, and fill out your profile.  Be sure to note your user name and password. Then pick your classes and proceed through checkout. 
I am a Community Education student or instructor and forgot my username and password. What do I do?
Call our staff at 408-852-2801 and they will be glad to assist you.
Can I register on the first day of class?
Yes, if space is available.  We encourage you to register early as many classes fill prior to the class date.  Also, early enrollment ensures that there will be a space for you in class. Bring your check or credit card information to enroll. No cash.
To whom do I pay the material fee?
Pay material fees in cash directly to the instructor at first class, unless otherwise noted. Community Education cannot accept materials fees on behalf of instructor. Do not add materials fee to course fee.

What if I can't attend a class for which I am registered?
Cancellation Policy:
When unable to attend a class for which you have registered, notify Community Education at least 3 full business days before the first class meeting in writing. You may request a transfer or receive an electronic credit voucher valid for 2 years towards any Community Education class for the amount of the class. This policy does not apply to Center for Legal Studies, CaliDivers, The Learning Oasis, and some Ed2Go/Gatlin Education online classes. No exceptions to cancellation policy. Some of these programs require earlier cancellation as noted with specific course information.

What if Community Education cancels a class?
You will be given a full refund if Community Education cancels a class. Allow 4-6 weeks for a refund. Community Education reserves the right to change class locations, schedules, fees and instructors when necessary.

Can I transfer to another class?
Yes, for most classes unless specified with class information; does not apply to online classes. To transfer to another class, requests must be received in writing at least 3 full business days before the first class meets. This policy applies unless noted specifically with class description or here. No exceptions.
What is an electronic voucher and how do I use it?
An electronic voucher is an electronic credit stored in your online student profile at It is valid for a 2 year period from date of issue towards Community Education classes. It is not valid towards for-credit classes or fees.
What if I lose my certificate from a career training program where I was issued a previous certificate from Gavilan College Community Education?
In most cases we can offer you a replacement your certificate. The cost is $25.

What about parking?
Parking is currently $2 per day (no coins, only dollar bills and credit cards)  Monday through Thursday from 7:00am-10:00pm and Fridays, 7:00am-5:00pm, although is subject to change. Check for updates. Yellow permit dispensers are located through campus parking lots. Parking is free on Saturday and Sunday. Do not park in staff or handicap parking spaces. Parking permits not required at Morgan Hill or Hollister campus centers.
If I am an AOL user, should I do anything special to receive my email from you?
Some AOL users do experience trouble receiving our emailed receipts. To avoid being blocked by SPAM settings, AOL recommends that you add our email address ( to your personal address book.
What happens to my personal information?
The Community Education department is committed to protecting your privacy on-line.  We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.  The Community Education Department may use the information collected to contact you regarding course information, promotional updates, and specials, new additions to the Community Education Web site or your on-line experience.
Also, we do not store your credit card number on our website.  
Is smoking allowed on campus?
Gavilan College is a smoke and tobacco-free campus, however, smoking is permitted in designated smoking spots only.