Do It Yourself Basic Electrical Projects and Repairs
This is a hands on class designed to help solve common electrical problems, redecorate and modernize. Some of the topics covered will be:
- Replace light switches and non GFCI receptacles (plugs)
- Replace standard doorbells with Smart doorbell cameras
- Connect room lighting to a wall switch
- Basic theory behind the circuit, and safety concerns
- Install new light fixtures and understand their make up
- Add new switch and light to an existing circuit
- Add more recessed / fluorescent lighting to an existing circuit
- Replace switches with motion sensor lighting
Or bring your own questions for the PRO! This class is repeatable and new topics will be added each class.
Derek Barraza has been an electrician and journeymen for 27 years. He has taught at IBT institute for 2 years, and is a California State License Services instructor for the law portion of the Contracture State License Board exam.